The Parent Portal is a unique web-based tool that allows you to securely view your child’s grades and attendance online. You can register to receive e-mail or text notifications when your child is absent or when his or her grades drop below a point you identify. Additionally, you will be able to communicate directly with your child’s teachers, enhancing the opportunity for parent-teacher interaction.
Check your child’s grades and attendance online by logging on to our Parent Portal.
How do I check my child’s grades and attendance?
You will need your child’s CPS ID number as well as your unique school-issued personal identification number (PIN) prior to creating an account. Please contact the front office to learn how to obtain your PIN. To ensure the security of your child’s records, PINs will not be issued over the phone under any circumstance.
Create an account
Once you have a received your PIN from your child’s school, you can create your Parent Portal account. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the Parent Account Signup page and agree to the terms of usage.
- Link to your child’s school record using your school-issued PIN; and
- View your child’s grades and attendance.
Tutorial and instructions
Parent Portal features
- Assignments: View your child’s upcoming assignments as well as past assignments, including due dates and grades received.
- Triggers: Create a customized ‘alert event’ that will prompt an email or text message notification for attendance or grade activities. Note: Prior to configuring a cell phone text alert, please confirm your text message plan with your provider as standard rates will apply.
- Manage multiple students: You only need one account to manage multiple students, regardless of the school. This feature allows you to add additional students to your account.
- My settings: Manage your account, including updating passwords and email addresses.
- Grades: View a summary of student averages from each report card period for all classes. Additionally, this screen serves as the point of entry for teacher-parent dialogue.
- Attendance: View a list of all non-present attendance events, such as absences and tardies, recorded during the school year.
- Calendar: View non-present attendance events by date as well as a high-level description of any campus or District events entered by the school administrator.
- Report card: This area will only be made available after report card pickup has been completed at the school.