Your support builds our community by giving Ravenswood Elementary students more opportunities to succeed.
Friends of Ravenswood (FORS) is a nonprofit 501c(3) fundraising organization that raises funds to help support the students and staff at Ravenswood Elementary School. This sponsorship program provides a way for businesses to support the community and public education and increase their brand visibility.
Schools function best when they have the resources and funds they need. Unfortunately, as a public school, we rarely receive the funding we need to create the best environment and community for our students. We would like to partner with you to help fill that gap and build a stronger community that better supports local businesses.
Thank you to our sponsors! - For more information on sponsoring our wonderful school.
Your donation is 100% tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Why Support Ravenswood Elementary? From the Ravenswood faculty & staff:
- Our goal is to provide the best social, academic and emotional learning possible, so students are prepared for high school, college and life!
- Ravenswood is a CPS Level 1+ school – CPS’s top academic rating!
- We’re in the 95th percentile for reading growth and the 97th percentile for math growth.
- We’re ranked “Far Above Average” for achievement and attainment scores nationally
- We teach self-advocacy, conflict resolution, organizational skills and citizenship and are committed to supporting student growth in all areas.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. Our students come from a variety of ethnic, racial, income and cultural backgrounds and learning levels. Our dedication to diversity and inclusivity is one of our greatest strengths.
- Dance, art and drama are a weekly part of our students’ academic experience. We believe that arts-oriented education is an integral part of a well-rounded experience.
- We have before and after-school programing for parent flexibility.
- We offer a variety of volunteer-led sports and extracurricular activities.
- We provide full and part-day preschool to ensure children the best possible start on their education.
- We support social emotional learning (SEL) and are adopting best practices to provide SEL for all students.
Friends of Ravenswood School is recognized as a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation by the Internal Revenue Services. Donations to FORS are tax deductible as allowed by law. Donations that include the donor’s name and address will be acknowledged with tax-appropriate documentation. Download the IRS 501c3 tax-exempt letter from the IRS.
In addition to its own fundraising events and efforts, FORS also supports and encourages participation in other programs that directly benefit the school, such as DonorsChoose.org, Shop for Ravenswood and Dine for Ravenswood programs.