Dear Ravenswood Families and Friends,
As a follow up from last week’s message and in response to the events in Parkland we want to remind you that student safety is always our top priority at Ravenswood. We have spent the last week reflecting on our safety protocols, consulting with CPS’ Office of Safety and Security and have met with staff to review our safety routines. Many of you have reached out asking what you can do to help promote student safety as parents. We believe it takes a village and we need your help. Below we’ve outlined reminders for all of our parents and guests. Though some may feel inconvenient, please know our intention is to prioritize school safety at all times. We appreciate your support.
• Parents and other guests must enter and exit through main entrance on Paulina at all times.
• Please stand in front of the camera when you buzz for entry, say your name and purpose of visit when asked.
• After entering the building, all community members must proceed directly to the main office to sign in and wait for your appointment.
• All visitors must obtain a visitor/volunteer pass on the red lanyard upon checking in. These will be available at both the main entrance and in the main office. This protocol includes visitors on our school tour days.
• Visitors must proceed to the main office to check in. Please do not stop by other classrooms or explore the building.
• Students should enter the building with their teachers in the morning. If a child is tardy, they should enter the main entrance on Paulina to receive a tardy pass.
• Please DO NOT EVER prop doors to keep them open. All doors must be shut at all times.
• Please do not open doors for others. All visitors must go through the main entrance.
• The school playground is reserved for Ravenswood students only during school hours 8:45-3:45.
• After dismissal, parents and students should not re-enter the building. If re-entry is needed, please proceed to the main entrance to sign in and check in at the main office.
• Please use crosswalks when crossing the street and be vigilant when driving around the school.
• The staff parking lot is off limits to parents and families during school hours 8:45-3:45.
• BASA drop-off and pick-up procedures remain the same.
Strengthening our safety procedures is an ongoing process, and we continue to work with the CPS Office of Safety and Security to help ensure we are doing everything possible to support a safe and healthy school environment. We encourage you to reach out to us with questions or concerns. Additionally we will host a parent workshop to review our safety protocols for those interested on Tuesday, February 27th at 9am in the MPR.
Have a great week, everyone.
Mr. Manaen and Mrs. Welsh