The student council plays a very important role in every school. They help share students’ ideas, interests, and concerns with the teachers and administration. They help the students raise funds for school wide projects. They assist the community when they are in need of aid. Being on the Student Council is something that will help our students become responsible and active members of the community.
What is Student Leadership?
It is the behavior of individuals as they direct activities of a group towards a shared goal. It is the process that involves students in leadership roles in meaningful ways, not only in the classroom, but beyond. It provides the opportunities for students to demonstrate their talents, interests, and skills while continuing to develop new skills.
Effects of Leadership on Students
- Leadership impacts student learning
- Help students realize and achieve goals
- Gain a sense of personal and social responsibility
- Have a more positive attitude towards adults
- Have more self-confidence
- Improved communication skills
- Improved problem-solving ability
- Increased desire for change
2012-2013 Student Council Coordinators
- Room 202 (6th grade) Makayla Boyd, Jackson Janes
- Room 003 (8th grade) Javier Ponce, Jamie Lynn Beamesderfer
2012-2013 Student Council Members
- Room 311 (4th grade) Hannah Kaplan, Oliver Clemens
- Room 305 (4,5 split) Gabriella Glomp, Max Barrios
- Room 309 (5th grade) Eva Beals, Charlie Waechter
- Room 202 (6th grade) Yadira Davila, James Conde, Taber Skiba
- Room 213 (7th grade) Khayla Erediauwa, Julio Gonzalez
- Room 203 (7/8 split) Jadyn Borst, Li Luzietti
- Room 003 (8th grade) Elaina Perez, Solomon Hobbs